One of the most difficult part of the face that most beginners have a hard time doing is how to draw noses. I remember when I was just a little boy I already had the passion to draw. Drawing the nose in pencil is one of the most challenging part of the face that I found difficult while I was just beginning to learn how to draw the human face. Below you will find a nice video created by thevirtualinstructor to help you learn more on how to draw noses effectively.
Learning it from the beginning was not easy for me and it was always a trial and error. I never gave up but kept on practicing it until I finally was able to draw the nose perfectly. I advise you to do the same! Practice is the key that will lead you to draw a nose perfectly.
The nose is designed naturally to be in the center of the face with a protruding bridge and two holes that allow the air to pass through in and out of our body. It has a bone with cartilage that forms the bridge and muscles on both sides that lead to another cartilage which forms the nostrils. It is very important to know the anatomical structure of the nose to use it as a guide to be able to draw it realistically.
1) To draw the nose from the front identify the center of the face. From the center make a horizontal line from the top and the bottom tips of the ears and a vertical line across it.
2) Start sketching the nose bridge from the center of the face using the vertical and horizontal lines as your guide.
3) To simplify it roughly sketch a narrow rectangle which represents the nose bridge.
4) Then draw 2 smaller circles to represent the nostrils and a slightly bigger circle in between the two nostrils.
6) Continue rendering the highlights and shadows toward the lower part of the nose and the two circles which represent the nostrils.
7) Add more darker shades under the nostrils. This part will be the darkest among rest since the nostrils have holes which have darker shades.
8) Fine tune the renderings and make sure you add the highlights along the nose bridge, the tip of the nose and the walls of the nostrils.
9) Finally you’re done! Practice this method often until you reach the point where you can draw the nose easily.
Below is an amazing video which I encourage you to watch carefully to get some new ideas on your journey to learn how to draw noses.
Pay attention to each detail and follow each step and apply them as you practice. Enjoy drawing the nose!
Video created by thevirtualinstructor