If you are ready to start to work on your pencil portrait I recommend these best drawing pencils to use. This is great for beginners and experienced artists. You are probably progressing watching the tutorials or just about to begin learning. It is important that you should gather the list of art materials needed in your portrait drawing course.
I personally use Staedtler Pencils HB, 2B, 4B, 6B and 8B which gives a very black tone, good to render for the hair and dark shades for shadows. To erase some lines and shades or to make highlights I use soft kneaded eraser and hard eraser. Rendering the shades like to do shadows, tones and to render also the hair realistically I use hard chalk black pastel by making it powdery using a sand paper stick. I also use different sizes of white sable brushes applying the powdered pastel to blend the shades smoothly.
If you are doing a graphite portrait or sketching the face to start a portrait these tools are very helpful. Below you will see a few good and affordable drawing pencils brand that you can check and try. I will be adding some other new good ones in the future.
You have to get also the other materials to use like hard and soft kneaded erase, sand paper stick, sharpeners, hard black pastel sticks, sketch pad or illustration boards, etc. I will create in the future another post that will show you where to get these other art materials. Some of these are already enclosed in the packages below. I can say that these types of products are popular among pencil portrait artists in the world.
==> Click here to get this: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch – Draw Pencil Set
Review by Michelle “Michelle Huss”, Michelle wrote a nice review about this item. She was so pleased getting this Pro Art Draw Pencil Set more than the other product she bought before which cost her a lot more but this one is cheaper with good quality and her best choice. She wrote a very positive review. Click here to read the review and more.
==> Click here to get this: Sanford Prismacolor Premier Graphite Set Drawing Set
Review by Bret Wilkins “Bret Wilkins”, Bret purchased this Sanford Prismacolor Drawing Set and was so pleased about its quality and its promptness as it arrived on time. Check more information about the review. Click here to read the review and more.
==> Click here to get this: Staedtler Lumograph Drawing and Sketching Pencils Assorted Set of 6
- Pencils And Erasers: You can use this brand Steadtler or other brands as long as they have they different pencil tones from light to dark.
- This Castle Art Supplies brand is also a good one. This set included already a kneaded eraser, white hard ersaer, sharpener and compressed charcoal sticks.
- Bellofy brand drawing pencils: Another pencil brand kit with felt tip pens, sand paper, sharpener, kneaded and white erasers, charcoal compressed.
- Powdered Charcoal: This is a ready made charcoal in powder. Great to use when you are rendering a portrait in charcoal using a brush, tissue or a hand.
- White Bristle Brushes: You can use these brushes even if you get the brushes use for oil painting. What you need is the texture and the effect that these white bristle brush produce in charcoal portrait.
- OfficePro electric pencil sharpener: This is a great electric pencil sharpener where you can use to sharpen all types of pencils, colored or black and white.
The above links for these products are affiliate links. If you decide
to purchase I will receive a commission. Thank you very much
for your business and support.